Dad of Divas' Reviews: DVD Review - Wilfred- Season 1

Thursday, June 21, 2012

DVD Review - Wilfred- Season 1

About the DVD
You'll sit up and beg for more of Wilfred, the most hilarious and daringly original new comedy on TV. Elijah Wood stars as Ryan, a down-on-his-luck lawyer who forms a unique friendship with his sexy neighbor's pet pooch "Wilfred." Everyone else sees a dog, but Ryan sees a bong-ripping, beer-chugging, foul-mouthed Australian bloke in a furry suit (played by the outrageously funny Jason Gann.) By unleashing the surly, sweet and always adventurous Wilfred, Ryan may just learn to stand on his own hind legs and embrace the insanity of real life.

My Take on the DVD
I have never seen this show, but have always enjoyed Elijah Wood in the roles that he has held in the past, so when I was able to review this, I was interested to see what I thought. I found the series to be fun and humorous and the idea of the series to be both forward-thinking and witty. The DVD is a great compilation of the first season and if you are already a fan or a first time viewer, you will find yourself laughing out loud with the show and will definitely be coming back for more and more (at least I found myself doing so)!


All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great review on these Season1 DVD’s! This is such a great show, and it quickly became a favorite last year. I’m really looking forward to re-watching that first season. As for the lack of extras, I know that if you go to dishonline.com, even without being a customer, you can check out some of the extra stuff they have for Wilfred, some behind the scenes stuff that isn’t on the DVD’s. I was on my lunch break here at Dish and pulled the site up with my iPad to re-watch last week’s episode, and found myself checking out the extra stuff instead! Great stuff.